Friday 9 July 2010

I slept on it and out popped my pride ...

This was first published on Are We Nearly There Yet, my other blog, in April.

Once again http://www.stickyfingers1.blogspot.com/ has gone and done it again. This weeks Gallery subject is the 7 deadly sins. The sins are: Wrath, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust, Envy, Gluttony.

Why she couldn't just have the subject as 'dog', 'child' or 'holiday snap' I don't know.

So, I spent FOREVER going through pictures only to find pictures of my children, our wedding and/or our dog which I decided were boring.

So I slept on it and the following morning dug these out and found some pictures I am very proud of.

Three pictures of a mother and child. My mother. I am the child. I only had my Mum for nine years. I have difficulty with memories during those years.

Luckily I have photos, quite a few in fact. I don't just look at the photos, I pore over them I wonder what she was thinking, doing, wearing ... just any glimpse of anything that makes me feel a bit closer to her.

Now that I am a mother they mean even more to me.

I think the would have been proud of me, as I am of her.

1 comment:

  1. I do this with my pictures of my Mum (who died when I was 7). I look at every detail in the picture- drinks she was drinking, books she had out, accessories she had on, ornaments in the background, everything.

    I feel like if I know little things about her, then it makes me closer to knowing her whole character and therefore closer to her.

    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete